Monday, March 11, 2013

Public Relations?

Hello! Just a quick update before I head to class today. It's week 2 and I realize there is a pile of assignments coming up my way and I am no where prepared! D:

This semester I am taking the last of my Management unit and three other Public Relations major units. So it will be tougher than I thought since most of the units concentrates on assignment rather than final exams. Anyway, just gonna talk a little bit about Public Relations, which I believe not many people know what does Public Relations really means, what does this particular field actually works in the business industry.

Most of the people who asked me what major am I taking and I always say, "PR" and  the feedback to me is like.. "Ohhh, PR? Okay, that means you need to talk a lot right?"

Honestly, before I chose PR as my major, I had no idea what is it as well, in fact I didnt actually understand it until I took the first unit of PR back last year. Up to today, I am still trying to get to know how the PR world is like and slowly trying to understand how the power of words is able to affect and change perceptions of people along the way.


This video was shown in class in one of my PR units and it sort of moved me. 
Its amazing how words can be so powerful that it changes people's mindset and thinking right away!


PR is not mainly about communicating, it is more towards engaging relationships towards stakeholders and customers and also sending an important message to the public using the right tools and how you want the message to be delivered. For example, a prime minister's speech is written by a PR person. A roadshow event is organized by a PR person. A media release to the newspapers on a new product of a company is written by a PR person. That is sort of how PR works, from what I understand. :)

I found a few videos that actually gives a better explanation towards Public Relations and I hope it gives a clear mindset to you guys as well.









So yeah, that is technically what I'm currently studying at the moment. I'm looking for an internship on PR for the coming winter break, its actually for my final year unit next semester, hopefully I can get the internship soon! Starting to get a little worried. :(


Update much sooon!










No comments:

Post a Comment