Thursday, January 2, 2014

Farewell 2013, 2014 please be good!




When it comes to punctuality, I have to admit that it is not my strongest point, especially when it comes to blogging. :P

Today marks the second day of 2014 and this post was supposedly blogged yesterday or the day before to at least make it look a lot more meaningful. But anyway, better be late than never, hey?




It is actually my first time not spending New Year's Eve in Miri, normally my annual family trip will only last till the last few days of December and we always seem to be back on time for NYE. Sadly, this year I wasn't able to spend it with my close friends back in Miri.


 #flashbacktobeachcountdown2013 Omg, time flies! 


So anyway, this year I spent new years with the homies and some new friends by having a friendly homecooked dinner, watching fireworks at Crown and chill at home with leftover egg nogs from Christmas and cheap red wine.



NYE Dinner, I swear I was so fulll!!! 






Simple and yummy dinner made by them :)



There's even Honeydew Sago for dessert! :D



The fireworks display was amazing, non stop blasting for 15 mins and everyone just watch in stunned while the clock strikes 12 and everyone only started wishing Happy New Year at 12.15am -.-









Taken from my old Iphone. -.- Yes, I was smart enough to not bring my camera along! 


As usual, it was sooo crowded that we had no where to go I swear it's crazy. The initial plan was heading to Eve Club which is in Crown but the queue was crazy lonnng. On top of that, the entrance fee was $40 -.- Seriously, I'm not paying that amount of money plus queuing up for so long. So yea, we ended up watching fireworks and had no where else to go so we just went home for drinks.

Maybe because the laws and regulations are so strict here, I just don't feel comfortable and sometimes annoyed about it. Ie, no drinking in public, so technically if that rule was to applied in Malaysia, me and my friends might have been locked up on New Years last year. xD



Very normal faces, all ready to head out only to find out we dress up for nothing. lol!




But its okaaay, its still New Year anyway  :P


Why waste the effort of dressing up? :P






We seem to be very happy with 2014 for some reason, I think it has to do with graduation. lol !


Apparently they can't wait any longer xD

Back to the story, though it was a simple celebration and a couple of catch ups, it was quite pleasant. Talked and met with new friends and after they left, we (homies) decided to finish up the half bottle of wine feeling a wee bit tipsy, taking crazy photos and laughing like mad! (I hope our new neighbour doesnt get frightened!)



Just when we had a wee bit much of red wine




Keep Calm, It's only Red Wine :P




Because of that, we took photos (and footage) which made us laugh like crazy looking back the next day. Well, you know what they say,




Amen!



No comments:

Post a Comment