Saturday, May 17, 2014

The Fault In Our Stars



Hello weekend!
Wanted to go out and not waste my Saturday until the rain started pouring like cray,
Okay maybe its a sign to stay at home for the day. 

Been thinking all week what should I blog about because
I havent been doing anything interesting to begin with. D:

Then it hit me!
I havent been reading for God knows how long
so I thought I should really pick up back this old habit of mine
I bought a few books back and everyone has been telling me 
"YOU MUST READ TFIOS!"


So I just finish reading TFIOS and it is such a good read!
Okay, call it mainstream because everyone is practically raving over the book
but it is seriously a good book for me :)

*** 
MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!

Ok, I will try my best to keep the story as brief as possible because 
reading the book itself  is soo much better pls!

The story just talks about two young people falling in love with each other
but at the same time they were battling against cancer
Very cliche kind of love story 
where its more like love at first sight 
but I'm a sucker for that 
(dont judge pls)


The chemistry between Hazel and Augustus
was sort of described on how falling in love for the first time felt like
And who can get over Gus's charms?

Sadly, there was a twist in the story,
to be honest,
I knew it was not going to be a very good ending,
sort of like Romeo and Juliet,
someone eventually has to leave

but the book described the ending in a peaceful manner
with no particular conclusion,
similar to how An Imperial Affliction (Hazel's favourite book) was written

It leaves us readers with lots of questions to wonder,
 but also realize the determination and strength
that cancer patients are going through,
its not all sad and pitiful,
they too have a life to live,
they too have a chance to fall in love

And no matter what happens,
Everything will be
Gus: Okay?
Hazel: Okay 

***
Because its such a good book 
they are making a movie out of it 
(I told you its a good book!)




Heard it's going to be available in June or something
but I cant wait to go watch,
and probably cry during the entire movie 
T_____T

Been listening to the soundtracks on Youtube 
and I already can imagine which song will be played on which scene
AHHHH!!!

Here are my top favourites!

Ed Sheeran: All of the Stars



Birdy: Tee Shirt





Kodaline: All I Want



Basically all three good combinations of songs right?
Read the book and you'll know what I mean!

:)

Happy Saturday y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment