Sunday, June 29, 2014

To my brother, Simon


When it comes to talking about my siblings, 
I would normally not talk much about them
because they are just two annoying brothers,
what's more to say? 

Then it hit me. 

Yesterday was my brother, 
Simon's graduation. 


If you don't know much about me and my brother, 
we are actually a year apart but there are most of the time 
that we would not share the same thinking
and often leads to fights, screaming, 
sometimes words we wish we could have taken back. 

After going away to Perth for a year,
and now being away from home, 
I tend to worry how is this boy 
going to go through without me nagging him
to do his laundry, make sure he locked the doors
and wake him up when he's late for class.

Until yesterday,
 I finally saw pictures of him in his regalia, 
holding a Diploma cert that probably 
everyone else says that 
he doesnt stand a chance 

People throw comments
saying he's never going to grow up,
he can't achieve or he doesn't have a clear direction
just to put him down. 

I'm just here to say 
you're wrong, 

Its a saying
when your flaws overshadows what your capable of
and I think
this applies well to my brother


To my dear brother, 
Simon, 
Congratulations again on your big day!
I'm sorry I couldnt make it 
and actually witness your graduation,
but I have to say
I'm proud of you

Always keep in mind,
I believe you're all grown up now
and you know how to make wise decisions
ignore ugly comments, believe in yourself 

and most of all 

Not making all of us worried about you!

After all, 
we always have your back okay?

No matter what :)  


p.s.
I normally don't express my feelings to him
so I feel like maybe writing to him
would remind him that 
Hey, I'm your sister and I would want the best in you
so dont you ever forget about that okay?






No comments:

Post a Comment