Saturday, December 29, 2012

Singapore x H&M Wedding

Booo! Finally I decided to blog about my trip to Singapore last month. If you have been reading my posts frequently, I have been to Singapore for a short trip last August with my friends. This trip was not mainly for sightseeing or any typical tourist outing, I went with the rest of the family and relatives to attend my cousin's wedding. :)

It was my second time actually attending a Christian Wedding witnessing a matrimony between the newly weds. It was beautiful. :) I love weddings, and no matter how cheesy or awkward it may sounds, I still teared up at the end. -.- I duno how am I able to handle two of my cousin's wedding next month! D:

So anyway, was in Singapore for 5 days and I stayed with my family at the Marina Bay Sands arranged by my cousin. It was a really nice stay especially with the awesome view we had just right outside our bedroom. :D I'm a sucker for scenery! And not to mention the Infinity pool which was located at the 57th floor! Crazy high! You know how the three towers were joint through the boat on top? Yeah, that's where the pool is. Great view but damn freezing in the pool! x.x

Gonna skip all the crap and go straight about the wedding. :P Went to my Auntie's house in the morning for the tea ceremony and also witness the old tradition where the groom has to come over to the bride's home to pick up the bride. And of course, like most Chinese traditions, the groom is not allowed to go in the house until he and his best men fulfill the challenges set up by the bride's maids.



 Meet my niece, Nicole, Cousin Monique's daughter.
She was also involved in giving challenges to the groom. Haha!



 

 Part of the challenge set up by the bride's maids. 
Its a combination of sweet,sour,bitter and salty. Poor guys! xD


 So while waiting for the groom to arrive, picture taking time!

 Daddy looking not too shabby. :P



 Dad & Mum both looking matchy match! :P


 Daddy and me! :D 
And my Outfit of the day! I quite love it! :P


 Dad and Man yi who came all the way from the UK to attend the wedding


 Jia jia & Popo







 Big hair, don't care!


 Mum and her sisters! Coincidentally they dressed color coordinated. *sister power


 
 Me and Alan, who is freakishly tall -.-


 Me and my Family Men.


Family <3


Mama and I. 
She's my Godmum,btw. :)


Popo & I <3









Upon the groom's arrival:




Yes, Alan had to open the car door for the Groom. xD



 The Groom and his Best Men. 
So unique lah, all came and dress in Football Jerseys!


The groom: Hao Han :)
You can see how nervous he is ?


 Hahaha can't go until you finish all the tasks!
Spot one of the bride's maid with an Iphone? 
She was actually on Facetime with the bride,
so she can witness the whole thing. 
So technology savvy!


 Finally the bride came out from the room and it's photo time!

The bride, Miranda, and her bride maids!



 Family photo with the Cousin! :)

 
Love this shot! All wearing color coordinated!
Chong sisters, one more missing!

 

Tea Ceremony time:
 

 

And off the bride go with her groom to visit his side of the family.

 


We then left the house and head to the venue where the matrimony was held which was at The Art House of the The Old Parliment. Really nice choice I must say! :)

We arrived early so we went nearby the venue for a little sight seeing before the ceremony started.

 



 




 

 

Okay, so we might have been a little carried away with the statues. xD

 
 I like to point this out! This is so cool! 
It was outside the Art house, the house phone booth was filled with sticky notes.
All are actually hand written by people who has something to confront. 

 So awesome for camwhores like me. :P 
Too bad no one was there to camwhore with -.-
 Imma use this idea on other events some day!

 
  Okay, finally a full length photo of myself.
OOTD: 
Black dress from Asos, Outerwear from Far East Plaza,
Clutch from H&M, Necklace from Talimans, Far East Plaza,
Grey Diamante Carvela Italian Heels from Man yi! :D

The hall for the Matrimony is actually held in the Old Parliment Meeting Room

 Front row seats! :D


 

 
 So yeah, technically we sat at the seats of the famous leaders in Singapore. 
*likeaboss

 

The Father and Daughter walking down the aisle! 

 

 This is very touching! 
Especially when the Father hand over the Bride to the Groom.
Exchanging vows and rings and finally saying their 'I dos'!
I was practically in tears! :')

 Family group photo with the rest of the family. <3

So after the ceremony ended, we went back to the hotel to get dressed for the wedding dinner.

 It was located at The Pines in Orchard.
We went early to avoid the massive jam.

 
 My parents looking so fineeee.



 
 My brother looking so all grown up!



Siblings!

 Me, Mummy and her twin Sister. :D
 
 Daddy & Uncle Huang.

 No, I dont get mixed up between them. xD



 The bride, Miranda and groom, Hao Han giving their Thank you speech.

So yeah, that is about it. Hahaha! Such a long post no?
Overall, it was definitely a beautiful wedding.
I am truly happy for the both of them 
and I wish them a happy marriage!


That's all for now! Stay tune for more posts! :P

x













No comments:

Post a Comment