Monday, April 22, 2013

Language problem?

Blogging again because it sort of feels... addictive? Teehee. Good thing. :P

Just a short post about language. The perks of how our mother tongue actually gives a big impact on how we communicate with people everyday.





Believe it or not, my mother tongue was English. I used to talk English to my family and friends and not know a single word of Mandarin. Back in town, Chinese people would normally talk Mandarin to one another while I was considered the odd one out. Partly is because my Dad doesn't speak Mandarin, while Mum wants us to be exposed in English at an early stage cuz to her English is waaayy important than Mandarin.


So anyway, I was initially the banana. Wait, still considered a banana really. Maybe half a banana. :P I admit I do not speak English fluently, nor the fact that I suck at grammar and I can't tell a difference between a verb and a noun. wtf. Don't blame me lah, I didn't go for English tuition back in the day. D: But frankly speaking, that was the only language I could used besides Malay (which I still suck at) to talk to my friends in class.

Back in early kindergarten and primary 1 or 2,

IT USED TO BE SO HARD MAKING FRIENDS, LITERALLY SPOKE IN BM WITH MY CHINESE FRIENDS CUZ ITS EASIER THAT WAY.

The fact that Mum send me to a Bahasa medium school wasn't that tough to catch up after Primary 4. But still didn't know a tad of Chinese. Maybe understand but don't know how to answer back. And also didn't dare to speak cuz scared might go out of tune. fml. -.-

 Shoutout to the very handsome Ruan Jing Tian /阮經天!!


So anyway, after the influence from friends, heavy quota of Taiwanese Dramas was involved, I started to voice out a little. Oh yea, I also took Chinese class during High School. Lower Chinese actually, I think my Mandarin was about Primary 4 standard lah now. Very good liao hor, at least can read and talk, my writing still sucks though. 

Nowwww, I speak Mandarin fluently like a boss. Heck, I even quit speaking English to Mum and spoke Mandarin instead. Made new friends in Uni and spoke Mandarin, no one knew that I once did not know to speak Mandarin at all. *successs


But anyway, although its nice to have another language aside, it's still important to maintain  my mother tongue. Sometimes talking too much Mandarin lead me direct translate whatever into English. Which sounds really weird. But I'm glad Mum made the right choice to have me and my brothers speak English at home. I guess it's a good practice for us. Though its still consider broken English with heavy heavy Malaysian accent. :B

Looking forward to learn new languages in the future. I guess it's pretty cool to go another country and actually understand what they say. I wanna learn Thai and get cheap bargains by talking their language when I go Thailand looor. Teeehee!!

Oklaaa, enough shits, gonna go to bed now. Blog much sooon! :)


不相信我会写华语是吗?那我就现在写给你们看咯~哈哈哈哈!!

对不起,请你们原谅我,我太无聊了!嘿嘿~


*awkward silent*


 

 Here's a very Asian style family photo to end this post.
I miss home! :'(







No comments:

Post a Comment